Saturday, November 01, 2008

Pats-Colts rivalry hits a snag

Tomorrow is the annual Patriots-Colts matchup, and it really feels like just another game. Both teams have looked mediocre this season and are in danger of missing the playoffs. It's a little staggering how this game has been a must-see event for nearly 5 years, yet now it seems like it's lost its luster.

Although I'd love to see the Pats win, I have my doubts. The Colts have been inconsistent, but are still dangerous. My guess is that the Colts play their best game of the year. From the Patriots side, I can't see them mustering up enough offense without their top 3 RBs. Still, if the defense can beat up on Manning, they have a reasonable chance.

Weeks ago, I already marked this game down as a loss and convinced myself that the following 3 games were going to be more critical, as they were all divisional opponents. If they can take 2 out of those 3, then I only really see them with 2 losses the rest of the year (one of them undoubtedly being against Pittsburgh). That would put their record at 10-6, which might just be enough for the wild card.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home