Thursday, March 22, 2007

Crazy badminton

I took up badminton about 4 months ago and have been regularly playing with some coworkers in an attempt to get better. It's a pretty fun sport, and is deceptively difficult. It's a pretty decent workout too.

I would have thought that badminton was more similar to tennis, which I've played for many years. But the only technique that really carries over is the serve/overhead smash, which ironically was the worst part of my tennis game. Ground strokes in tennis aren't particularly effective in badminton.

I started off with the impression that badminton was a pretty easy game, but it actually requires quite a bit of stamina. Check out this video of the pros to see how taxing it can get.



Btw, that is a mixed doubles team...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home